Friday, November 20, 2009

Perfect for a Winter Wedding

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I'm getting married to a wonderful, adorable boy in July of 2010. I consider myself a pretty crafty person and am trying to DIY things (invitations, save-the-dates, favors, centerpieces, etc) as much as possible.

I don't think that this would necessarily be an appropriate favor for the hot, gross, sticky, humid summer in St. Louis, but it WOULD be perfect for a winter wedding: a s'more kit.

I LOVE s'mores. They are one of those indulgences I never, ever get to actually have. The last time I had a "real" s'more (one made over a campfire) was years ago. I've tried heating it over my stove burner, which just made the marshmallow taste like gas. They explode in the microwave. You just NEED a campfire.

Or a chiminea, which we have in my backyard at home but I doubt my mom would let me use it without supervision. Nevermind the fact that I'm 21 years old or anything...

Anyway - I present to you, dear reader - the perfect winter wedding favor...



The DIY S'MORES KIT!!!

It's sleek and yummy looking and see-through. I spotted this on Twig & Thistle. You can purchase all the supplies through Packaging Supplies. They seem relatively easy to assemble - they used clear acetate boxes to package each of the three ingredients and then tied them all together with colorful baking twine. Easy-peasy!

What are some other good ideas for wedding favors? Anyone have any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a brilliant idea