Monday, October 5, 2009

The Creative Process

Have you heard of Ira Glass? No? Oh boy. I hope you have, like, the next week free, because you need to get yourself over to the This American Life webpage, and listen to every episode ever.

Okay, I haven't even done that. But I love Ira Glass. I started listening to This American Life way back when I first started blogging. Jordan had referred her readers to a particular episode, I listened, and I cried and I thought, "wow. Radio is not dead."

That was almost three years ago and I sort of forgot about the whole thing until Pete and I started listening more frequently.

Anyway, that part isn't really important. The video I've posted below is important. Ira Glass, the host of This American Life, is easily one of the most creative, intelligent, revered-in-the-arts-community person I know. And all of his advice given in this video is just so inspirational. I've changed my mind recently about what I want to do, and I do want to take a more creative path after graduating from college. So, this video hit home for me.

I hope it helps you, too.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

La Jolla, baby. That is the best one ever.