Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Little Introduction.

Yay for crafts!

In short, this is a new blog I'm starting just now. I'm taking an English seminar course at SLU this semester, and - seriously - the big assignment is to start a blog. How awesome is that?! So we had to pick a particular topic, something that interests us and will keep us busy for a whole semester. I thought about a couple of things - letterpress, cupcakes, junk like that. But finally, I realized: crafts. Why not crafts?

People enjoy creating crafts, people enjoy receiving crafts and people enjoy reading about crafts. And not everyone likes these things, but there is definitely a niche. I know a lot of people through other blogs of mine that will hopefully enjoy this site.

This site will have a couple of different things. There will be reviews of craft sites (a lot of them that are over to the right side of the page), featured DIY projects from other sites, and then (what I think will be my favorite part), MY DIY projects. Those will either be projects I dreamt up myself, or a project attempted from another source.

So! Keep an eye out here as I update, add stuff, and continue to make the site grow!

1 comment:

Laura said...

hooray! i'm definitely excited about this new blog...already added to the google reader! : )

PS you should add 'just something i made' to your blog roll...it's great.
http://justsomethingimade.blogspot.com/