Saturday, September 12, 2009

Crafting Essential #1: Scissors

This may seem super obvious. However, it needs to be said.

Scissors are pretty much the thing I reach for the most when I'm doing anything that is crafty. I don't feel like I necessarily need to clarify why they are important, but you NEED a good pair of scissors.

They don't have to expensive or fancy or even pretty, but they need to work. And the two pieces of it (I don't know the correct terminology) need to not stick together.

Jordan, one of my favorite all-around bloggers, has posted about her favorite scissors multiple times. They're pricey ($20!!), but they look great and I've been lusting after them for awhile.

Here are some other awesome but probably not-worth-it pairs of scissors...


Stork Scissors from Bell'occhio - $45


Eiffel Tower Scissors from Bell'occhio - $88


Charles X Scissors from Bell'occhio - $95-$98


Rabbit Scissors from Bell'occhio - $110


Regular normal scissors? Priceless.

4 comments:

a400m_runner said...

Really? Scissors?


I don't Get it.....

Sorry... I am craft illiterate

J. Scott said...

I'll take the Tour d'Eiffle scissors! Great photos, I didn't know scissors like those existed.

Mary Helen said...

What an array of scissors! They are cute and beautiful and all, but would you use scissors that you paid $100 for?! I'd feel like I had to frame them in a shadow box. (Another craft idea?)

Miss Mary said...

About the "not sticking together" thing... I've found a bit of eucalyptus spray works wonders for unsticking them.